This is the privacy notice of Digital Care Solutions Ltd/ta Tech for Care. In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to Digital Care Solutions/Tech for Care
We are company is registered in England and Wales with Registration number 11441662
Why we publish this policy?
Tech For Care respects the privacy of all who engage with the Tech For Care website or organisations who engage in partnership, product listing with Tech For Care.
Tech For Care strives to ensure that all data that is shared with us as a consequence of those relationships is treated with respect for personal, and client, privacy and protected in line with all of our legal responsibilities and recognised best practice standards and processes.
Tech For Care will only collect the minimum levels of personal data necessary to support our operational processes and will never share, or sell, personally identifiable data collected in the course of maintaining Tech For Care business without clearly gaining informed consent from any Tech For Care users, or clients, who may be affected by that action.
Tech For Care also publishes this policy to ensure all Tech For Care data capture, data management and data utilisation processes are transparent to our end users; and to clearly explain what data we collect and how Tech For Care uses any personal information that you supply to us. Except set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
How we collect information
Tech For Care only collect information that are required to enable Tech For Care to deliver its services and only the minimum level of data is captured at each point.
We collects personal information about you when you:
- register with us to become a member of Tech For Care
- undertake actions on the Tech For Care site such as:
- Register to become an Tech For Care member
- Provide reviews on a product
- Recommend a product to another user
- Visit webpages on an Tech For Care site
- Complete specific actions on an Tech For Care webpage – e.g. Download an article
- complete an Tech For Care survey
- take part in an Tech For Care event or competition
- make a donation or give us personal information in any other way
- enquire about the fundraising campaigns that we run
- Enquire about any of our activities or service.
The data that is captured through your interactions with Tech For Care are stored securely i and are only accessible to accredited administrative users with specific access permissions. Data in transit between webpages and the data stored, where possible are encrypted in transit to minimise the risk of interception.
What information we collect
The types of personal information Tech For Care collects may include:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address or mobile telephone number
- Your credit/debit card or direct debit details (if applicable)
- Non-mandated additional information volunteered by yourself (e.g. Age).
- The pages you view on Tech For Care websites
- Technical information such as internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- The Apps you download via the Tech For Care sites
Any information we collect about you is stored securely and treated in accordance with current International Data Protection principles and legislation.
How we use your information
Tech For Care uses the information that you give to us:
- to send you information, products or services that you have consented to receive
- to improve the information, products and services Tech For Care offers to its users. (This includes improving our capability and general improvement of Tech For Care website and review functionality and presentation)
- to contact you about events, fundraising, campaigning and our other work, where you have consented to receiving marketing information.
- We may aggregate anonymous data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Anonymous data is data that does not identify you as an individual. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal information in law because it does not reveal your identity.For example, we may aggregate profile data to assess interest in a product or service.However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal information so that it can identify you in any// way, we treat the combined data as personal information and it will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
- Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform that contract. In that case, we may have to stop providing a service to you. If so, we will notify you of this at the time.
Tech For Care may link data captured from different Tech For Care services, at a personal level, in order to improve our understanding of service utilisation and to support analyses on site utilisation and activity, but Tech For Care will never publish, share or sell personally identifiable data without explicit and informed consent being received from all parties whose data is being used for those purposes.
Tech For Care will not pass your personal details to other people or organisations without first obtaining your consent.
Tech For Care reserves the right to share your information with other companies that we own or other companies that help us provide any of our services.
However, there may be rare occasions where information gathered through the day to day collection of Tech For Care data identifies a clear need to safeguard the welfare of the individual and/or his/her family and, on those occasions, it may be necessary to contact relevant authorities to address this. Tech For Care will only undertake these actions in line with appropriate legal guidelines and using formal, recognised and auditable processes.
Information we obtain from third parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use.
Third party advertising on our website
Third parties may advertise on our website. In doing so, those parties, their agents or other companies working for them may use technology that automatically collects information about you when their advertisement is displayed on our website.
We do not have control over these technologies or the data that these parties obtain. Accordingly, this privacy notice does not cover the information practices of these third parties.
Cookies are small text markers stored on your computer that enable us to understand how people use our website.
No personally identifiable information is stored in cookies. In common with many similar websites, Tech For Care uses them to help remember preferences and for anonymous statistical measurements – for example so we know how many “hits” a page has had.
- remember certain information about users so they don’t have to repeatedly give the same information
- recognise if users are already logged in to certain areas of the website
- measure how people use our website so we can continually improve how information is provided.
- to track how you use our website
- to record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
- to keep you signed in our site
- to record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
- to record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team
You can control and delete cookies.
You can do this through your chosen internet browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox etc.). Use the help function within the specific browser to find out how.
However, if you restrict cookies for the Tech For Care website then there is a risk you will not be able to access the full functionality of the Tech For Care website and your user experience may be undermined as a result.
What cookies are used on Tech For Care sites?
The cookies applied on Tech For Care websites are:
- Google Analytics – This is a service we use from Google that collects information about how people use our website. We use this to make sure we are providing the best service we can to our web visitors. This information cannot be used to identify you and is only available for Tech For Care’s internal use only. Tech For Care does not allow Google to share it. Using cookies, Google Analytics captures information that allows Tech For Care to understand:
- What pages were viewed
- How long those pages were viewed for
- How the user came to the site
- What website buttons and functions were clicked on
- What browser was used to access the site
- What country the computer is accessing the site from
- What search terms were used
- Cookies that are set by other websites – If you are using the sharing facility already mentioned (i.e. Share content with Facebook, Twitter) then it is possible those websites (i.e. Facebook) may also set cookies when you log in to their service. Tech For Care is not responsible for third party cookies of this nature and does not control these cookies.
- Embedded third party services – we embed things like video, audio and pictures from other websites such as such as YouTube, Vimeo, Flickr or Soundcloud. This means it looks like one of our web pages, but the video is being fed through from another site (i.e. YouTube). This means that every time one of our pages with this sort of embedded content is visited, those other sites may use their own cookies to record that you watched or viewed the content. Tech For Care has no control over these cookies so you should check the relevant website for more information.
How do we protect personal information?
Tech For Care implements a range of measures to ensure that any personal information that you provide us with is kept secure, accurate and up to date.
Tech For Care’s protective measures cover everything from:
- Regular reviews of data capture processes to ensure only data that is necessary to support the delivery of Tech For Care services is captured
- The implementation of transparent, informative Consent capture mechanisms to ensure that all Tech For Care service users understand why Tech For Care collects their data and how Tech For Care manage that data. In addition, Tech For Care consent processes allow users to monitor and amend their consent preferences should their preferences change.
- The encryption of data in transit between the Tech For Care sites/Apps to the secure data storage facilities
- The maintenance of secure data management environments through strong application of Data Warehousing standards and role-based access controls for authenticated and accredited users. Access to the raw data collected through Tech For Care interactions with end users of our services is limited to only those with the appropriate administrative permissions
- Tech For Care only keeps personally identifiable data for as long as it is needed and only for the purposes for which our end users have agreed we can use it.
Under 18 year olds
We do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children. For users who are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian.
By providing Tech For Care with personal information, the end user is agreeing to Tech For Care’s use of that information as stated in this Privacy Statement.
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, including job opportunities and our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products that will improve our service to you.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
Consent preference can be changed at any time by instructing us via email@example.com.
Right of access
You have the right at any time to ask for a copy of the information that Tech For Care holds about you, and Tech For Care will supply that data to you in line with its legal requirements to do so.
If any information that Tech For Care holds about you is wrong, you have the right to ask Tech For Care to make the necessary corrections.
If your personal details change, please help the Tech For Care team to keep those details up to date by telling us about any changes.
If you want to see what information we have about you, or need to tell us about any changes to the information that you have given to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org